Saturday 7 March 2009

Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


































Since the continuity editing task I have learnt a lot about filming and editing.
Using the skills I learnt from doing the continuity task it help me a lot when filming and editing my film opening sequence, it help me in particular when filming and editing a shot from my sequence that begins with a sho
t of the murderer holding a knife from the side, then cuts to a shot of she holding the knife from a different angle. When filming I almost made a continuity error and had the girl hold the knife differently in the second shot, but thanks to what I le
arnt in the preliminary task I manage to correct the mistake before filming it.
That shot was the only shot that needed the skills I learnt from the continuity task, because it was the only shot that needed 'match on action' the rest of my shot are a montage of different zoom-in, zoom-out and pan shots that do not fit together with 'match on action'. There is also no shots that involve breaking other filming rules that we learnt in the continuity task, like 180 degree rule.
 

No comments: